I would feel terrible all this weekend if I didn’t mention what makes this weekend so very, very awesome (besides Easter). If you haven’t been keeping up with sports this month, let me tell you that the NCAA basketball tournament as been crazy this year. Plenty of upsets, plenty of wrecked brackets. But the best thing of all is that the Butler Bulldogs are in the Final Four!
OK, maybe to most people out there this isn’t as awesome, but you have to understand somethings:
- I got my first degree from Butler.
- I still try to go to the games when I can.
- I still live very close to campus and to the legendary Hinkle Fieldhouse.
- My parents are season ticket holders.
- AND Gordon Hayward, one of Butler’s star players, was also the star player at my old high school in Brownsburg, Indiana. Oh, and I know his aunt (who is about the sweetest woman you’ll ever meet).
Needless to say, I have some strong ties to this team. They’re so much fun to watch and are all very smart kids (good GPAs and all that). They’re also the first team in decades to play in the Final Four in their home city (Conseco Fieldhouse is only 6 miles away from the campus, which is so cool). I just think it’s great that the first year Butler made it to the Elite Eight is also the year they make it to the Final Four. And (knock on wood) beyond! Good luck, you guys! We’re so proud of you!
Speaking of milestones, I am VERY proud to announce that this is the 100th post on Just Plain Something! Thanks go out to all my readers (particually the ones who keep coming back). And a special thank you goes out to anyone and everyone who has commented on my posts. Your encouragement has been a huge boost for me. Keep it coming! And here’s to 100 more!